Wheat Thins anyone????

Jezie+Pottersmom

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:14 am

My female pig loves them! I dont give her but a little peice, she also likes 12 grain bread, is this safe to give to her occasionally as a treat???

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:20 am

If I'm holding my pig, Spring, and am in the process of eating ANYTHING, she will fight me for it. This includes, ice cream bars, steak, chips, cookies, etc. I end up having to put her next to me on the couch so she can just watch me eat. I call her my little garbage disposal.

Jezie+Pottersmom

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:25 am

oh my she is quite the lil piggy!!!!!!!!!

bebesush

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:07 am

My pigs eat a crouton size whole wheat bread once in a blue moon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:19 am

For pigs, stick with the good food. Avoid giving processed people food.

zookeeper
Even Booze Hags Give

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:29 am

All my critters will put up a good fight to get wheat thins. But they're only allowed the tiniest crumb once every couple of weeks. The little slobs are all quite fat enough already.

(Oh, did I just hear the pot calling the kettle black?)

Bonnie

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:12 pm

Butter will eat anything I give her! Cocoa loves wheat thins. However, all my pigs prefer chocolate, especially Jonah. And I can't eat ice cream in here or they go nuts and give me a headache!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:27 pm

No! No chocolate for guinea pigs!!!! No dairy products!! Cut it out!!

Bonnie, we are going to have to ban you if you continue such heretical talk!

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:41 pm

I just want to go on the record saying that I do not regularly give any of my pigs large portions of any human food besides vegetables. Spring just will take a nibble of something if I have it on a fork going into my mouth. I then just put her down and go and get her lettuce so we can both eat at the same time. She is just my one pig who doesn't have any qualms about biting into anyting on a fork or spoon.

JodiMN

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:46 pm

I'm going on record to say that I DO NOT give Jeffy chocolate, but if I'm eating even a small piece he goes nuts trying to smell my mouth - Scooter did this too. It must be a smell they really like!

Scooter did enjoy a noodle here and there, but never more than an inch - and this wasn't too often.

Stick with fruit for treats!

Bonnie

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:11 pm

I don't feed it to them!!!!! Remember when Jonah got ahold of the Resee cup? I let the others smell it and they go nuts! I don't give any of that stuff to them!!! It's just funny to see what they wheek for.

critterluv02

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:13 pm

My old vet explained to me that guinea pigs are gut fermenters and offering them anything other than plants is putting them at a high risk for gastrointestinal problems. You may get lucky a time or two and sometimes you won't see the symptoms right away, but why take the risk. Just stick to the safe plants on the list.