Too cute for words

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:36 pm

Sitting here trying to get my bills done, but this little baby is just too distracting. I had to share:

Since her hair is already soo long and she´s got this really HUGE rosette on the top of her head, could she be a Peruvian? Don´t think I´ve had a Peruvian baby before, so I don´t know what they look like. Or is she a longer-haired abby? Or just your basic mutt?

She´s one of the ones on the webcam. And they are growing fast! GuineaPig.TV

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:39 pm

What a little doll! I´m not good with types. Mutts forever, as far as I´m concerned! Gotta go check out your tv...

Jill

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:39 pm

She´s adorable.

Peter

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:44 pm

She looks like my Peruvian babies. The "huge rosette" that you´re referring to is probably the beginning of her frontal (the hair that grows over the face) starting to grow. Since I´m assuming that she´s a mix, she might not get all of the coat that a purebred Peruvian would get.

I have to agree, she sure is cute!

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:46 pm

T... are you asking a "variety/breed" question!!?? I noticed her hair getting long too. I think she could be a Peruvian, but what do I know!?. Also, I think my Ginger has as much Peruvian in her as she does Abby. Her hair is getting SO long it flips up on the ends where it touches the ground. Also, she has the hair that goes over her face. I will have to post pictures. All 3 of those babies are TOO CUTE!!

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:49 pm

Well, I like to get the basic breed right, anyway. AND, if she´s a long hair, then I get to be fussier. I RARELY let a family with kids adopt a long-haired guinea pig. They don´t call me Picky Pig Pusher for nothin´!
Last edited by Teresa on Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laura823

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:52 pm

Oh my! That´s the little white one I was admiring when you first put the pics up. She gets more adorable every day!

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:18 pm

OK... some new pictures of Ginger Pig. She still looks like that little baby up top, but she is even more beautiful to me! Look at all her hair! Photos are a little dark. I need PPP to come over and help me out!

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:19 pm

T, my husband thinks I am really rude to hop on to your thread. I told him that you didn´t care and he said, "Secretly, she does!"

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:25 pm

No, really I don´t. Well, tell him only the first nanosecond -- make him happy.

Actually, only because Ginger is even more beautiful!! WOW. She looks most definitely like a Peruvian!! And the way her colors and hair go, she is going to be just too much!!

Awesome!! Glad you posted them!!

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:01 pm

Kirk thinks she is already too much. She doesn´t use the ramp like a sane pig, she uses it like a launching pad! She is a LOVE piggie!! She definately has her daddy´s heart!! He doesn´t even complain shen he gets peed on!

Do Peruvians have rosettes like Abbys? I just assume that she has abby in her. Maybe it´s Peruvian and something else. Her brother, Chip, is an American and than there is Spike! She is a beauty of a pig. Glad you liked the photos.
Last edited by KarasKavies on Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:09 pm

Well, I´m sure Peter and others can answer that, but when we first got Tina, I thought she was Abby, but when her hair grew out, I pretty darn sure she´s a Peruvian. When I give her the summer butch cut, she goes back to looking like an Abby again. Watching it grow out again now is a hoot, though!