Bad air quality?

CavyGirl04

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 pm

I live in Southern California and, if you don't know, we are dealing with wildfires and, as a result, very bad air quality. I have been coughing and experiencing headaches after being outside. The piggies are inside (and are probably NOT going outside this weekend like they normally do), but can this have a negative effect on them? I haven't' noticed anything so far, but the air quality is super bad and many schools here have even been closed due to it, as well as a local 2k race canceled. They're inside, of course, but I can't help but worry. Does anyone have experience with this?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 pm

I imagine inside they will be much safer. You might consider an air purifier.

Clint The Cuy

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Ditto on the air purifier. I have a Honeywell that is pretty great. A few months back we had terrible air quality because of the wildfires in Canada (we are in WA) and it was very uncomfortable. I work outside so it was naturally worse for me, but by the third day it was no better indoors. Really recommend the air purifier.

CavyGirl04

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Of course, now that I posted about it, the air is much better :) However, since this (the air quality/nearby fire) is bound to happen next fall, I will look into getting an air purifier in anticipation of that.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1