This may sound funny I thought I'd ask

GuinessOllie

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 am

This may sound funny but do Guinea pigs get acne . I've seen little bums with a whitish head . I'm just curious . Probably not but thought I'd ask. Has anybody experienced this . Just curious. If it's not what I think it is what could it be .

WICharlie

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 am

This should be in the medical forum. And without photos, we could not hazard a guess.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:22 pm

And you MUST add it to one of your existing threads or it will be deleted.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

To answer your question, yes, they can.

However, as others have said, you can't just assume that's what is wrong with your boar's skin. He may also have ringworm, which sometimes presents itself as multiple tiny bumps. There are many other possibilities as well.

If it is ringworm, it would be extremely irresponsible for you to breed your boar (as mentioned in your other thread). He could pass it on to the sow and any of her offspring, if they survive, that is.

crowcrash

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Not trying to be scary, but throwing this out there... if it's ringworm, you need to get that cleared up ASAP because it will spread. A lot of folks who work with animals have fought the evil bumpy menace because it's so hard to get rid of. A vet will prescribe an oral medication for your piggy, it will clear up the rash quickly but you have to keep giving the medicine for about a month. If you get ringworm on yourself, there are over-the-counter remedies that take several weeks to work, but if it spreads to your back/scalp then you'll have to go to a doctor for a prescription.