Mange and Severe Pododermatitis

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:26 am

Geeezeoman. Hey its looking a bit better and smaller scab free. Thank yall for taking care of this good boy!

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:26 am

God, that is so terrible looking. That has to hurt like crazy to walk on with or without that scab. Poor pig.

leebee

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:35 am

I picked up some pain meds this weekend from my vet, so he's feeling a little bit better. I think it's also helping some with the swelling. I started wrapping his foot on Friday, so since it's wrapped, I'm able to use neosporin as he can't get to it and ingest it. The neosporin is what loosened the scab up enough to come off. Now the soaking is able to do some good.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:35 am

Your pics are great (although horrifying -- I hope they will be EQUALLY horrifying to whoever prosecutes this teacher and horrifiying to the principal). I hate that this pig is going through this though. What is under the scab? Was it pus? What are you seeing? I ask because I remember Nina and how the vet tried to debride it and the toe that fell off. Vicki of JPGPR had a sow with a bad foot that was debrided and the whole foot withered away. Makes me wonder what you are seeing and if it should not be removed. I wonder if there is infection in the foot or something else is going on, the scab and infection only on the surface.

I am so, so glad this pig is in your hands. I hope he heals up.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:46 am

It looks like hideous, nasty dead skin and stuff. But so much better now that the scab has come off. He has toes again!

leebee

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:49 am

I think it's pus and swollen tissue - but I honestly don't know. I don't want to mess with it at all. I'm going to continue the soaks and the neosporin, but I'm not comfortable picking at it. It's painful for him, and I really don't know what I'm doing. It did bleed some when the scab came off.

I didn't take the scab off either. The neosporin and soaking loosened it up and it came off on its own.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:15 pm

It looks like necrotic tissue to me, not good. I am so sorry for the little guy. Thank God he has you and Josephine. At least it looks like he's tolerating the soaks well, I just can't get over how someone could let him get that bad.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:41 pm

It does look better and you and whomever he ends up with (Josephine, still?) are true angels of mercy.

Idea for a name: Tim or Tiny Tim from "A Christmas Carol" given the they both are kind of crippled?

Corrine
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Ugh, those pictures are just heartbreaking. Good luck with this poor little guy. Thank goodness he's in loving, capable hands!

mrpratt
Buddy-MJ-Kirk in '06

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:20 pm

That poor little guy. He is so good to let you soak his foot. He must trust you - the lettuce helps too. You are wonderful to step in.

klynne

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:31 pm

You said he was a trooper--how about Trooper for a name?

Bless you for helping him, he is wonderful and adorable.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:21 pm

His eyes and coat look noticeably better, also.