Fasting for 12 hours before surgery?

MarlowePieper11

Post   » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:16 am

Brilliant!! He is only two years old but I think that this is something we're going to have to keep up. It's a small price to pay to keep him around for as long as possible and healthy

MarlowePieper11

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

So it's been a few months since you was last at the vets. Since then I have been noticing something gross. He does his little horny sound basically whenever we pet him. And I have seen boars glue in his cage. something that's newer for us at least in the past few months is that he has sperm rods that get lodged and we have to help him with, nearly every other week or so. I'm beginning to think that that may have been the problem all along. It may have been lodged and it ended up causing an infection in his little bladder that led to the stone. So I just thought I would throw this out there as it's become a regular thing that I check now as a boy mom. There is a pretty gross symptom of a lodged sperm rod, which is that he smells fishy, literally fishy. I even smelled it a day in advance, and the next day sure enough there it was. He was crying one day when he was peeing and my heart stopped because I thought it was another bladder stone but sure enough, sperm rod period when I took it out he was sore for a few minutes I think but back to normal that same day. if you're having similar problems be sure to check that. Just another gross but necessary task.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 pm

It's not uncommon for a male to have a sperm rod stuck "up there" that needs to be manually removed, but the fishy smell makes me a little concerned that there may be a urinary tract infection going on.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:34 pm

You may want to consider having him neutered. That should fix the sperm rod problem.

MarlowePieper11

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:14 am

The smell goes away when I remove the sperm rod. If it stayed I would be concerned, too. And it's not a huge deal to check him, I think I'd rather that than surgery for him.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am

Sounds reasonable. I'd just keep an eye on it.

MarlowePieper11

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:43 pm

I definitely will! As always I really appreciate this forum, thanks so much!

67 posts