Advantage, Advantage Multi, Advantage II

lisam

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 pm

I usually use Revolution for everything (lice and mites). Because of cost I'm considering using something else. So what's the difference between the three: Advantage, Advantage Multi, and Advantage II? I know that Advantage (the original stuff) is Imidacloprid; Advantage Multi is Imidacloprid plus Moxidectin; and Advantage II is Imidacloprid plus Pyriproxyfen.

I seem to remember that Advantage II isn't good for guinea pigs. What about Advantage Multi? And Advantage (original) works on lice but not mites, correct?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi lisam, I have actually been very successful in treating both lice and mites with the blue pour-on Ivermectin. I can get it at our local farm and feed store for around $27.00.

lisam

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:29 pm

I use ivermectin quite a bit, but I have occasionally found that I need something stronger.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 pm

I think the later Advantages have stuff added to them that guinea pigs shouldn't have, but can't remember what it is. Advantage is no longer available, as I understand it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Would Revolution be a better alternative?

lisam

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:27 am

You can still get original Advantage from Petshed.com, I wonder why? That's where I get my Revolution, because I don't need a prescription. I see they have Advantage Multi there too but it's called Advocate.

On Chewy Advantage Multi requires a prescription, I see.

lisam

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am

Here's the GL info about it! I swear I searched for it yesterday and couldn't find it, but a google search turned it up.
https://www.guinealynx.info/antiparasitics.html

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Sorry about that; my tired eyes didn't see the first line "I use Revolution..."