Feet sores

wenton5

Post   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Not bumblefoot, but close. Feet sores, 7 year old boar, sensitive and blind, ongoing health issues which are being closely addressed, has always had digestive issues, thus, poopy feet, great vet. We have chlorhexedine, but wondering if this would be ok since soaking the feet takes the poo off but also removes the scab. Could use saline, just wanting to make sure feet are kept sanitary. Husbandry is covered. Have already emailed vet. I'm concerned about the zinc in this product. Thanks for the input. Not sure how to upload a pic. Ingredients: water, sodium chloride, dextrose, pyridoxine hci, zinc salts, s.d. alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben. It's a zinc wound wash, wanted to squirk on bottom of feet. Feedback? Thanks soo much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Is this a new guinea pig? Or do you have a topic on him already? It always helps to add the name of the guinea pig to each topic.

You could wash off gently and soak in a weak betadine solution if you wish. It would probably be less drying and would leave the scab there.

If you have crisp, clear photos, you can send them to me to post here. Include your board name and a link to your topic.

wenton5

Post   » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Thank you soo much Lynx, very very helpful. And oops, yes, same pig, sorry, got lost in the craziness of California. Please move post to previous post, soo sorry.
Lara

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm

I don't know how to combine things and you didn't post the original link so I will close this and let you copy over your post and my reply.