Bumblefoot

wenton5

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 am

Agreed Lynx, still great, thanks soo much.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:29 am

The Silvion spray was from the vet. I just went digging and found an exam report from near the end of Pepper's treatment. We were also using Silvaklenz spray & meloxicam along with the bactrim. At that point we were soaking her feet in a Tricide solution they mixed up for us.I also see mention of neo (sporin?) - in conjunction with bandaging which we couldn't get to work?

They had a picture of her feet when we first brought her in, after they'd cleaned the scabs off & before they'd cleaned out the infected areas. It was awful. I wonder how we could have missed that, but I think the scabs on her black feet disguised the problem.

The prognosis was "guarded", as it is with bad bumblefoot. When we took her in towards the end of treatment when she was healed, they took her in back for something & I heard a cheer go up among the staff!

Pepper enjoyed her foot soaks. I don't know if it was the attention or what.

wenton5

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Thank you soo much Bookfan, very helpful. Is it under control now? 💖

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:46 pm

We got it completely healed and were vigilant about checking it. She died last spring (PTS) at the age of 8. She had an inoperable tumor in her neck that finally obstructed her esophagus.

wenton5

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:56 pm