Discoloured chipped tooth

Hedra2

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Of we’re two weeks past his dental procedure and his healthy tooth has grown in nicely but no sign of his broken tooth and he’s still having difficulty eating though it is getting better. He can eat veggies off a plate if I chop them up for him but can only eat pellets if I hand feed them zndvplace them in his mouth. A lot of food still falls out a few times before he manages to get it chewed up and swallowed. Feeding him is an exhausting full time job but we’re perdisting. I’ll have to take him back for a recheck as I’m concerned about his missing tooth.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Hand feeding can be very frustrating. Have you tried softening the pellets with water and shaping them into a ball, to see if he can pick them up and eat them?

Hedra2

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:13 am

No I will try that today to see if it’s easier or him.

Good news is he has started to eat a few pellets on his own, but he goes through the same amount of pellets in a week that our other pig can eat in a day. Still toppping up with syringe feeds of softened pellets and critical care. He is so used to it now he doesn’t even fight it which makes it a bit easier.

Ciaran

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:27 pm

I just had to deal with a took that broke off. Second time in his 2.5 years. :(

Lots of critical care and syringe feeding...

Hedra2

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Ciaran how long until your pig could eat normally again?

Tried balls of moist pellets and they are kind of hit or miss. He seems to like it better when I hand feed them to him, if I put them on a plate he has no interest lol

Hedra2

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 pm

So 3 months later Halloween’s broken tooth seems to finally be growing back but it’s not a normal healthy tooth that’s growing back. It’s this weird double wide tooth that’s discoloured, misshapen, and has big hole in it.

(Just trying to post a pic)

Hedra2

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 pm

The bit of red at the top isn't blood or irritation it is part of the hole in his tooth.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 am

That tooth sure does look nasty. I hope there is eventual outgrowth/correction that returns the incisors to what they should be.

If you wish to email me a copy, I can put up a picture without the photobucket text.