Mammary tumor possible surgery

Danusmom

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

His wound looks like it's starting to open up a little . I had a sock on his middle yesterday and he left it alone all day but he got it off overnight . I think he needs some glue on the incision. I called the vet and she's not in today . The other vet isn't a small animal vet . So I don't know what to do . I can handle him and I'm wondering if there is some kind of wound glue safe that I could put on myself that wouldn't hurt him . Then try bandaging . I'm giving him the antibiotics. With the wound being uncovered and his staples out its probably best I give them just in case . But I need help with th glue part ,what to get and if it's safe . I'm no stranger to doctoring them at home as needed

Danusmom

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am

Could I use this ? They have it at tractor supply . Lambert Kay Pet-Ag EMT Gel, Multi-Species, 1 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR91E3Q/re ... DBbW6AFDA2

Danusmom

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 am

@lynx I sent you a picture of his incision

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am

Here you go:

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:55 am

I doubt that it can be sutured again, but the vet might be able to apply some more surgical glue to it. I think I'd take him to be looked at.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 am

And try to keep the sock on him as much as possible. He'll keep pulling it off now that he knows he can, but if you keep putting it back on, he *may* get the message to leave it alone.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, I'd take him even if the vet there isn't a small animal vet. He ought to have some idea of what to do. I wouldn't leave it over the weekend if you can arrange it.