Flake is not eating + injured foot

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm with Flake now, I'm handfeeding him and I will weigh daily, but he still refuse to eat, he has absolute no interest in food/water.
I'm giving him those medicines:
- Simethicone ----------------------(5 drops in 8h)
- Tramadol --------------------------(1 drop in 12h)
- Plasil (Metoclopramide)---------(2 drops 12h)
- Ibuprofen -------------------------(3 drops in 4h)
- Enrologic (Enrofloxacin) --------(2 drops in 12h)
- Probiotic ---------------------------(2h after Enrologic)
I'm not sure if I correctly translated all medicine names

(He wasn't eating on this photo)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

He probably isn't going to want to eat until a day or so after he's off the antibiotics. You'll just have to force feed him, whether he likes it or not.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm He probably isn't going to want to eat until a day or so after he's off the antibiotics. You'll just have to force feed him, whether he likes it or not.
I'll keep handfeeding him, he really don't like it but there is no other way.

Also, he doesn't poop/pee, I don't see a poop for a good time, is that "normal"?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm

He may be eating them all. Pigs sometimes do that when they're ill.

But it also may be a sign of him not eating enough. How much food are you getting in him with the hand-feeding?

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 pm

bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm He may be eating them all. Pigs sometimes do that when they're ill.

But it also may be a sign of him not eating enough. How much food are you getting in him with the hand-feeding?
I'm almost sure he isn't eating them. I'm managing to give 10-15cc each 2-3 hour, he's weighing 850g.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 pm

That's a good amount. Consider yourself successful at hand-feeding!

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm

bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 pm That's a good amount. Consider yourself successful at hand-feeding!
Thanks, my girlfriend is helping me a lot, hand-feeding requires SO MUCH patience, for us and for the pig.

Kimera

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 am

Try to make his food for hand feeding as tasty as you can by flavoring it with herbs or vegetable juice. It may spark his interest in eating and make feeding easier. Fresh mint, basil or parsley leaves may also interest him in eating.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

Kimera wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 am Try to make his food for hand feeding as tasty as you can by flavoring it with herbs or vegetable juice. It may spark his interest in eating and make feeding easier. Fresh mint, basil or parsley leaves may also interest him in eating.
Thanks for the tip, I will try.

Good news, Flake is now pooping! They're small but still better than nothing.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello, tomorrow is Flake's last day on medicine, today he tried to eat lettuce/pepper, but he bites one or two times and then gives up, is that because he still in pain? Or the teeth are too short?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:37 pm

It really depends on how short the teeth were cut. Can he pick up the food with his incisors?

FYI, it's not a bad idea at all to tell the vet not to trim the incisors. If the molars are working as they should, the incisors will be the right length.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm

bpatters wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:37 pm It really depends on how short the teeth were cut. Can he pick up the food with his incisors?

FYI, it's not a bad idea at all to tell the vet not to trim the incisors. If the molars are working as they should, the incisors will be the right length.
I'm not sure if he can pick up the food, he can bite it, but I don't know if this is enough to him to eat, there is a photo on this thread and you said that maybe the incisors are too short...