Flake is not eating + injured foot

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello, it's me again, I recorded Flake trying to eat, look at the difficulty he has to eat.

Sometimes he gets it right and eats, if I try to help him he stops and don't try anymore...

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Can you post a picture of his front teeth, with both tops and bottoms in the picture?

Also, have you tried cutting things into long slivers and pushing them in his mouth back to his molars?

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm

bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 pm Can you post a picture of his front teeth, with both tops and bottoms in the picture?
The quality is bad, it's hard to take this photo.
bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 pm Also, have you tried cutting things into long slivers and pushing them in his mouth back to his molars?
I tried, but he don't eat.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 pm

All the green vegetable staining make it look like he is having a difficult time eating. The teeth actually look too long to me. Can he close his mouth completely? Does it look like the teeth are touching the roof of the mouth?

Look at what one guinea pig looks like:
https://www.guinealynx.info/teeth_broken.html

I am sorry he's having a difficult time eating.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Lynx wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 pm All the green vegetable staining make it look like he is having a difficult time eating. The teeth actually look too long to me. Can he close his mouth completely? Does it look like the teeth are touching the roof of the mouth?

Look at what one guinea pig looks like:
https://www.guinealynx.info/teeth_broken.html

I am sorry he's having a difficult time eating.
The teeth was too short after the surgery, you can see in my previous posts. Yes, he can close his mouth, those teeth don't seems to be bothering him.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I noticed like a week ago that Flake is 'hooting', so maybe there is also a heart problem, he wasn't hooting before the surgery, maybe it was one of the medicines? I guess the Tramadol. Also you were asking for a larger image of his teeth x-ray, I managed to zoom a bit but I still have no idea if he has elongated roots, vet said she was looking at the x-ray again, but I had not response at this moment.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:27 pm

That image is much better.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Any guess if he have elongated roots?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm not a radiologist, but it looks to me as if he does.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm

bpatters wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:26 pm I'm not a radiologist, but it looks to me as if he does.
I'm still waiting the vet response, I really hope it's not elongated roots...

About the hooting, I'm not sure if it's what I'm hearing, but it's like his grumble is thicker, and sometimes when he's chewing food a sound like a snore comes out...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Are his eyes watery? If the roots were elongated, it would be the rear molars.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Lynx wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm Are his eyes watery? If the roots were elongated, it would be the rear molars.
I'm not sure if it's watery, but it has some crust and when he cleans it he loses some hair.
This is the 'worst' eye.

This is better.