Boar Cleaning Advice

Tubby Custards

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi, I just discovered that I need to be cleaning my Boars Anal Sac and Penis and I want to know how often, because I’ve seen so much disagreement from people and so many different answers.

I check him down there almost everyday when I take him out for lap or floor time and I’ll wipe off a piece of hay or something if it’s down there. I also do a full in depth check once a week on everything. I just have never heard of or been told by anyone to do an anal sac cleaning.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 pm

You check him regularly, but only clean as necessary. How often you have to do it depends on the age of the boar, what he's bedded on, how often he flips his sac open, etc.

You'll probably have to clean him more frequently as he gets older, since intact boars are more likely to become impacted. But be as gentle as possible when getting all the gunk out of the sac, because you don't want to artificially stretch the muscles.

Kimera

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 am

Most boars don't need any help in this regard, so don't worry. It's mostly older or sick boars who don't move much, who develop impaction. In mild cases just wipe their bums gently with a moist tissue.

Tubby Custards

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Ok. Thanks So Much❤️ He’s just at a year and is on fleece so I probably don’t have to worry about it then. I’ll just check as normal and wipe him down there is there is something.