Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 am

How do you put eye drops in piggie's eye? I read here on tips page to face the piggy away from you and put the drops from top so that he cant see the bottle clearly but that doesn't seem to work with Cupid. I accidentally poked him in both the eyes today.

Any other tips/suggestions?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 am

You would need to gently but firmly pin the head between thumb and forefinger so it cannot turn. I think a second person to help would be a good idea.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:19 pm

My piggy Cupid passed away in my arms this morning. He was all fine till last night, eating, pooping and active, but was too weak to move this morning. He hardly ate at night. He dint swallow his medicine also this morning. He had started eating slowly since a week and so I got his incisors trimmed. He never had issues with his molars. He had developed a big abscess/cyst after his abscess removal surgery in 2013 wasn’t done properly. He was above three years then. After that all the vets said that they couldn’t do anything since it was too big and a surgery was risky at his age.

He had slowed down since a month but was active otherwise. He used to move around less but wheeked for food everytime. Since last two days he used to wheek everytime I passed his cage to grab my attention even when there was food in his cage, as if to say, “Pick me up Human and pet me. I don’t have much time with you.” For the first time in so many years, he tucked my clothes with his mouth and tried to climb on my lap to be petted and to be loved. I feel bad for not understanding his hints and not carrying him in my arms. I petted him in his cage instead. More than he wanting to be petted and loved, he wanted to give me love for the last time. I feel guilty for not understanding him.

This morning he couldn’t move much and then when he tried to face me, I knew his time had come to leave me. I am happy and blessed to have understood that and quickly took him in my arms. I kissed on his forehead and told him to go away peacefully and safely. I knew I had to become strong for him and assure him that I would be fine after him otherwise he would have continued to fight for me which would have caused him more pain and sufferings. He had a little seizure and took his last breath in my arms. He looked so peaceful and handsome. I kept looking at him for a while before placing him back in his cage because that was the last time I could hold him, pet him, love him, see him.

He was my last piggy and had outlived all the others. He would have completed 7.8 years on 17th, had he stayed for two more days but I guess he had a better place to go to. I am happy that he is whole and painfree now. He doesn’t have to stay with his big abscess/cyst anymore which was very painful and made it difficult to walk. He was a rebellious piggy and would fight with anyone who challenged him. He lived a long and happy life. I am grateful to him to have given me an opportunity to be his slave.

RIP little one. Godspeed and safe passage, Cupid. You will always be remembered and loved. Thank you for giving 7.8 wonderful years with you. Mommy will miss you a lot :* :*

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm so very sorry you lost him.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm

I am so sorry you lost him, Pooja Mehta. He sounds like he was a very dear pet to you and will be greatly missed.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes, he was very dear to me because he was the longest living pig with me. None of my vets have come across a 7.8 year old guinea pig, so I consider myself lucky to have been his companion for so long. I am missing my baby already :(