My guinea pig isnt eating as much as he used to

bats

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:32 pm

I´m sorry to hear the news too, Rodney.

I lost 2 much-loved pigs in the last 12 months. And it was very hard.

Trust me -- everything invested in those pigs (love and money) was well worth it.
You gave the little guy a home and you tried all you could to keep him comfortable and happy.
Last edited by bats on Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spitch

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:36 pm

Aww :( Twinkie is adorable. I´m sorry to hear you lost him, I don´t know what I´d do if I lost mine. I can assure you though, that one year of love was definately not wasted money. I´m sure he´ll miss you terribly.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:54 pm

Oh so sorry to hear he´s gone. Take comfort knowing that you gave him love, a good home and a shot at beating his medical problems. It appears that they were just too serious.

Perhaps when you are ready you can honor his memory by providing a loving home for another guinea pig.

pinta

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:12 pm

I´m so sorry. This is not what I wanted to hear. Please remember that Twinkie provided information so that other pigs may benefit. Your vets learned something that might help another pig. So the money is never wasted.

But it doesn´t help when you tried so hard and loved him so much. I wish it could have been different.

rodneyc8063

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:18 am

I have no idea what to say. I had only two hours of sleep today, and tried sleeping. I swear i could hear him wheeting and squeeling at the same time at night when i feed him his treats and lettuce, i could almost hear him running around. Now i am afraid to sleep.

Its odd tho, in some respects he is "just" a guinea pig. In some other ways he was much more then "just" a guinea pig to me. Everytime i think about him today, i cant hold back my tears. This of which i find very odd.

After only a year, of waking up feeding, cleaning & playing with, he has become a very close friend of mine. This is emotionally quite a set back for me. Only this past year my grandma passed away also, so this is opening new wounds.

I very much sorely miss him and words can not begin to do justice as to how i feel and how i am so very saddend by this. I never thought i would feel this way.

I now realize that its not a matter of the amount of money, the type of pet or person. Some may feel that its stupid because he is "just" a guinea pig. To me he was more then that. And now i realize that its not a matter of the money, or anything else, but its actually a matter of how they touched your life big or small. Some people dont even cry at their own family funerals. Its all a matter of how that one person/animal interacted with you.

To me, by this definition i have in fact lost my very best friend today and i cant stop thinking about "what if".

This will be my last post to this thread and slowly it will be gone as the pain of my loss will be. I will continue to lurk around this forum since it has so many active members and try to pass on whatever knowledge i have learned to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

I can still hear him wheeting now..... *sniff*

lisam

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:55 am

I am so sorry about Twinkie. You really tried hard. He was worth it all, and more. You are lucky you had each other.

pinta

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:06 am

It´s not odd how you feel. And nom one here would ever think it was stupid. I still think of pigs I had 20 years ago and miss them. But the passing of each pig allowed me the opportunity to meet a new one and each new pig was a separate different personality. Each one had something new to offer and every new pig has helped ease the grief from the passing of the pig before.

I think once you become a certain animal person - you stay that way. You are a pig person. Please consider opening your heart to a new pig.

http://web2.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?actio ... iew=&row=0

http://web2.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?actio ... iew=&row=0