Lice Treatment in the US

Winstonthepig

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 am

Okay but what if a pig is 945 grams? Would you go with the dose for a 900 gram or a 1000 gram pig?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:03 pm

945 is almost exactly half-way between 900 and 1000. You could add the two dosages together and divide them by two, and get an exact dose. Or, you could figure that the syringe and your measurements aren't totally correct down to the millionth of a cc. and just take the larger dose.

If you can accurately measure the difference between .09 cc and .10 cc, you're better at this than I am.

Winstonthepig

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Okay thank you! Yeah I’m not that good! Just wanted to be sure because I don’t know how potent this stuff is. It arrived in the mail today so I’m going to start treatment on my guys! I can update this thread as I do my treatment so others can see my progress!

Winstonthepig

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Just weighed and dosed all 4 of my guys placing The ivermectin behind the ears on their little bald spot. I let them in my lap for 5 minutes while they ate parsley so I was sure it dried before putting them back in their cages. All of their doses were around 0.05 and 0.06 cc.
Everyone seems okay with it on their skin. Hopefully all goes well these next couple of weeks! Thank you all for your help!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:56 pm

You may need multiple treatments to completely get rid of the lice. The good thing about ivermectin is that you will also get rid of any mites that could be present. Go for at least three treatments, a week apart.

Winstonthepig

Post   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:25 am

Okay got it I will! Thank you

Winstonthepig

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Update: today I will be doing the second dose of ivermectin. I have been looking over the pigs and noticed a decrease in lice eggs as well as living lice!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:17 pm

That is great news! Thanks for the update! Do go for at least a third dose in another week. Be on the lookout in case you see any more (you can also do four total doses if you want).

Winstonthepig

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Okay yeah I think I will do four doses! Thank you!