And in Other Trump News & Weather...

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:02 am

Interesting article. I don't trust the Supreme Court to follow the law. We'll see.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Looks like we'll see if the courts have been bought.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:49 pm

If they are, there will be no turning back.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:38 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:12 am

Good article. I don't trust the Supreme Court to act in a fair, unbiased manner.

"But there remains the question—possibly the abiding question of our time—about whether only one side can remain beholden to norms when the other has eviscerated them. "

Yeah. That has been going on for years.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:58 am

Yes, excellent article. Tragically so true!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:29 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if trump made a power grab using the crisis as a distraction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/07/trumps-pu ... nt-up-flare/

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if trump made a power grab using the crisis as a distraction.

Trump’s purge is about to get much worse. Schiff just sent up a flare.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/07/trumps-pu ... nt-up-flare/

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Coronavirus computer modelers revise their dates for easing state shutdowns

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-computer-modelers-revise-dates-021424815.html

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:51 pm

I haven't read the other link yet, but the updated "re-opening" model (or what I like to call "Make America Sick Again") is interesting. My state is in the May 18-24 bracket, but so far our governor is still pushing May 1.

Unrelated, but what are some of you cleaning your cell phones with? I have seen several things mentioned, but wondered what seems to be the most effective. Just plain soap and water? I don't know why I assumed most lens/screen cleaners had adequate alcohol content in them, but apparently most don't. That's what I have been using. Does anyone know if those fancy UV sanitizers really work? (knowing me, I'd still want to clean my phone with something even after zapping it).

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:44 pm

I think there's a market for "Make America Sick Again" hats and t-shirts.

AARP recommends using a small amount of 70% ethanol or isopropyl alcohol,or soap and water to clean the screen and case. Also alcohol wipes or Clorox wipes, but not Lysol or other disinfecting sprays since they can damage the screen.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:20 pm

This is from a month ago (there is a more recent one that I can't find, where Trump mispronounces all things Coronavirus, but I can't find it), but is good for a much-needed laugh. Or cry.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:22 am

You gotta wonder what exactly is wrong with him. Drug's? Dementia?

Here's an interview with an infections disease expert in 2006. They knew exactly what was going to happen. Trump eliminated the dedicated office of pandemic response in the National Security Council and ignored weeks of security reports.

Last edited by Bookfan on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:23 am

What a disaster!

194 posts