Warren to Run in 2020?

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am

Sanders needs to go AWAY.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:20 am

There are a lot of disappointed Warren supporters today (me included). I still think she got stiffed by the media. Analysis at the progressive website I where I read a lot does seem to disappointedly point more toward Biden vs. Sanders as the more electable right now. If this ends up being a Biden run, I hope he has a super strong running mate.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 am

Would Warren want the #2 spot? I wonder.

I'd rather vote for Jill Biden than Joe Biden, but we'll have to take what we can get. At least Bloomberg is officially out of the picture.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:24 pm

I wondered about Warren for VP spot too. I've also heard talk of Stacey Abrams (served in the Georgia House of Representatives & ran for Gov. of GA in 2018 - read about her in Wiki - she's impressive) and Kamala Harris. Both are African-Americans. A really significant portion of Biden's support yesterday came from African-Americans. You can see I'm thinking strategy again.

Bernie and/or his bros suggested Biden's support in South Carolina was from "Corporate Democrats. In S.C.?? Overwhelming majority of Dems. in SC are blacks.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:38 pm

I agree with you, Bookfan. I think Abrams or Harris would be wise VP choices. I think Abrams may be more "likeable" than Harris, whatever that means.

Given that I think Warren is probably out of the race, I'm happy to get behind Biden. I'd rather have him than Sanders, although I like Bernie OK. I just don't like the Bernie Bros.

I could see Warren for a cabinet position. Probably Treasury, although I think she could do others.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Yeah, Warren would be really good for a cabinet post. She could really put her wonkiness to work.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 pm

What would be cool? Michelle Obama as running mate with Joe Biden.

I'm listening to someone singing Amazing Grace on a television program right now, and it's bringing tears to my eyes because I remember a time when President Obama sang it. That stupid piece of human excrement tRump would never, ever, ever, do anything like that. Not if his worthless, vile life depended on it.

Will we ever have that kind of dignity, decency, grace again? I don't know. I just don't know.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Warren had a large number of solid, detailed plans for making ALL our lives better. I think she would be more influential in the Senate, trying to get bills passed. I doubt there would be a Warren Biden ticket. They are too different philosophically (Biden, more of the same; Warren, change we need).

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Warren left the race today. She ended a call to her campaign staff with this story.
https://medium.com/@teamwarren/the-fight-goes-on-8f5ca2b4b557
  • One last story. One last story. When I voted yesterday at the elementary school down the street, a mom came up to me. And She said she has two small children, and they have a nightly ritual. After the kids have brushed teeth and read books and gotten that last sip of water and done all the other bedtime routines, they do one last thing before the two little ones go to sleep. Mama leans over them and whispers, "Dream big". And the children together reply, "Fight hard".

• Our work continues, the fight goes on, and big dreams never die.
She is a remarkable woman and I have no doubt she will fight on.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:43 pm

If Biden somehow gets in she should be given an important position on his team. She is too good to not be providing high level input.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:32 pm

I agree, GPIG.

My sense of karma would like to see her be Senate majority leader so she can chop up Mitch McConnell. But she'd make an excellent secretary of Treasury or Commerce, or several other cabinet positions.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:47 pm

I really like the senate majority leader idea. She is going places. She had an interview with Rachel Maddow last week. I missed it, but there are excerpts on youtube.
You might enjoy this, especially the end:

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:48 pm

There is a republican governor in Warren's state so her senate seat would be at risk if she headed some agency. I'd rather have her advocating for her many wonderful ideas.

134 posts