A Fraud and a Charlatan

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Take a look at what Trump said and how these guys at the London Times tried their damnedest to make sense out of it! He knows nothing!!

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/16/1621116/-Trump-s-L ... hey-reported

If Trump muddles around and doesn't really say anything clearly, you should not make it seem like he knows what he is doing!

p.s. it looks like the Hardee's Labor Sec. nominee is getting hot feet and the plagiarizer is too ("Monica Crowley, Trump's National Security Nominee, Quits Before She Starts Amid Plagiarism Scandal"). Some of the nominees are fleeing before they get voted on. Putzer is not yet gone.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 am

Just read this. He reminds me of Palin.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Trump is following the authoritarian playbook

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/opinions/trump-following-authoritarian-playbook-ben-ghiat/index.html

Many Americans were initially confused by Trump and his unorthodox behavior, or dismissed him as a joke. I have spent decades studying authoritarian and fascist regimes and saw in Trump a deeply familiar figure: the strongman who cultivates a bond with followers based on loyalty to him as a person rather than to a party or set of principles...

Such individuals inevitably seek to adapt the political office they inhabit to serve their needs. They are clear from the start about this intention, refusing to submit to shared customs and norms -- such as releasing tax returns -- that would mean they were submitting to the will of the political class. Anyone who believes that Trump will morph into anything resembling a traditional politician will be sorely disappointed. Authoritarians never pivot...

Strongmen show aggression to the press as part of a slow-drip strategy of discrediting all information that is not dispensed by their close allies. Many were surprised at Trump's rude treatment of CNN at his recent press conference. Calling the media outlet "fake news," he refused to allow reporter Jim Acosta to ask a question. This was classic authoritarian posturing...

Trump was delivering a lesson: anyone, no matter how powerful, can be humiliated and deprived of access if they displease him...

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 pm

I hope the number of those who approve of him drops ever lower!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 pm

The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/01/26 ... 8f0e69635b62

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:39 pm

How telling. It will be a sea of incompetents and Mr. Exxon running the state department.

lisam

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Betsy DeVos. Ugh. I so want to win something for a change.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm

So incompetent! The Republicans have no spines.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:58 pm

One of my favorite signs from Sunday's march was:

OMG!
GOP
WTF?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I thought that article (which I already had partially read) was interesting for the Kushner connection.

And businesses are dumping Ivana Trump products due to poor sales (and likely lobbying). Quite likely more dumping and poor sales, hating on Trump hotels etc. I would never drink any Trump wine either.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 pm

I believe trump knew everything Flynn knew. I wish this would come out into the open so it can be dealt with accordingly.

And whatever happened to the folks here who were defending a vote for trump? Just curious if they realize what is really going on here now.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 am

I don't know why the hell we're not all out rioting in the streets.

Michael Moore has a pretty good call to action:

Stunning bombshell right now from the New York Times -- Trump campaign chair, campaign officials and Trump associates made repeated contacts and calls with Russian intelligence during the YEAR leading up to the election.

It's what we all suspected. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on: TRUMP COLLUDING WITH THE RUSSIANS TO THROW THE ELECTION TO HIM.

So this is what I want done NOW:

1. I and tens of millions of Americans demand that the weak and spineless Democrats bring Congress to a halt until investigative hearings are held and impeachment charges are filed. We don't want to hear you Dems huff and puff and grandstand and take symbolic actions. We demand that you halt all actions being taken by an illegitimately elected government until this matter is resolved.

2. Attorney General J Beauregard Sessions must immediately appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate these potentially treasonous acts.

3. So-Called President Trump could save the country a lot of time, money and pain by stepping down tonight.

4. Somehow, our judicial system has to find a way to make restitution to this country. Pence can't be president as he, too, was elected under this same fraud. The court has to rule either that the President is the winner of the popular vote OR the election must be held over. The Republicans-- the beneficiaries of this treason --cannot be allowed to hold on to the power by default. If it turns out there's a traitor in the White House, the judicial branch must find a fair, peaceful way to un-do and then re-do the election of 2016.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:39 am

I'm with you.
But I do not yet feel hopeful for it or anything else to happen other than a few shake ups and resignations here and there. Fall guys. :/

WICharlie

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 am

For me, I am in a place where I am feeling completely helpless in making any kind of difference. I know everyone keeps saying, "Fight!" but what difference has anyone really made yet? It seems the new government has everyone by the balls. Peaceful marches are not going to make any kind of difference. The only thing that may make change is sustained, violent protest, and people will be hurt and killed in doing so. At my age and with differing health concerns, I don't know if I can get out there in that kind of environment.

I was impressed by the protest marches that have been organized so far, but I don't feel like I would have been welcome, being pro-life. And the Woman's march was dismissed by Trump with one little tweet. Maybe it gave everyone a warm fuzzy feeling to be with others who felt the same, but it accomplished nothing. It hardly registered on the consciousness of those that make all the decisions.

My father fought in WWII for the freedoms that we had. Now I feel like so many of those freedoms are being threatened. Not only that, I have two draft age sons. It feels like a war may be in the near future of this government and I'm scared. I try to consider whether that line of thinking is reasonable and whether I'm just making mountains out of mole hills. But then I turn on the news and everyday there's evidence of a corrupt leadership and bad relationships happening between our enemies and our allies.

I think there are a lot of people out there who feel like I do...completely demoralized and helpless. And scared. Very scared. Even more than after 9/11.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 am

I would love an election redo. I don't think with the Republicans in charge we are going to get anywhere though.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 am

Folks, these are just the starting skirmishes in a long war. If you give up now, we'll never get anywhere.

We HAVE had some successes. The press has uncovered Flynn's Russia connections. Chaffetz had to back off the sale of government lands in the west. Republican congressmen are having to come out and defend themselves for hiding from their constituents. The immigrant ban has been largely neutered, and is heading for more court time. Rump is obviously rattled and in over his head, and the Republicans in Congress are getting a little restive. We have over 400 women running for office here in Texas who've never been active before. The Supreme Court is going to hear the gerrymandering case, and that one is KEY to regaining some balance in Congress.

The resistance is still organizing. Pantsuit and Indivisible groups here in Texas are collaborating on websites, resources, and communication so people can know who's doing what and get plugged in quickly and without spinning out wheels. The ACLU is quickly filing suit whenever they see something actionable.

Find someone who's thinking about running for office in one of your districts and volunteer to help them. Write postcards, not letters, to Congress on every issue you can. Call, even if you leave a voice mail -- they're REQUIRED BY LAW to tally those calls.

Be brief. Say you don't want a response, give your name and your zip code, and tell them how you want them to vote. Google "who represents me" (without the quotes) and put the numbers in your cell phone.

Turning the House blue in 2018 is key, in both national and state elections. The house chambers oversee redistricting, which will come after the 2020 census.

The way I see it, we can either sit back and watch, like the Germans did with Hitler, or we can work our asses off to prevent this from being any worse than it already is. I don't know about you, but I'm NOT gonna be a watcher.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:46 am

" I know everyone keeps saying, "Fight!" but what difference has anyone really made yet?"

Can't remember where I read this, but it was suggested that the leaks and spy agencies pursuing this are in part a result of public opinion expressed through all the protests. The people (some) are asking for this to be done & have opened the door for the revelations. These protests are unprecedented in my lifetime except for the Vietnam War protests and that situation was different.

We have to keep the resistance going in whatever form you're able to do or are comfortable doing. Use your phone, as bpatters suggests. It all counts. It all puts pressure on.

"My father fought in WWII for the freedoms that we had. Now I feel like so many of those freedoms are being threatened. "

Yeah. Our fathers risked their lives & many lost their lives to fight fascism & defend democracy.

Google for your local Indivisible group or any other active group. It's not all standing outside protesting. I'm going to head out for a protest in a bit in front of our Rep governor's office. It's invigorating & feels great when drivers honk in support. Husband made a sign saying "Impeach Putin's Poodle" with a cute poodle on a big chain. Last week's protest was not fun because of snow, strong wind that nearly took my sign out of my hands & cold. And I hurt so much that night - feet & back - that I couldn't sleep. So I'm going to see how it goes today pain-wise today & try to park closer. And I will stay away from violent protests if they begin. Let's hope that we get rid of Rump before that happens.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:39 pm

bpatters and Bookfan, you go gals! I am totally with you on how important this all is. The pressure being put on our Democratic congress people is huge. Keep it up!

Love your sign, Bookfan!

I am convinced after all I have read and Rachel Maddow, that what is behind this all is greed. Russian oil greed. Exxon/Tillerson oil greed. Money. The disruptions caused, the interference by Russia, it is all about money. Make people crazy about other stuff but it is still all about oil money.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Like during Watergate - follow the money.

177 posts