Impeachment #2 -trump

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:52 pm

How did we get to this place? I just finished watching Frontline's "Trump's American Carnage". They pull no punches in their hour long journey. I suspect there is much more to learn about trump's involvement in the attack on the capital.

Almost to a man/woman, the Republicans let this happen! Even now they repeat trump's lies.

They should be held accountable.
https://www.pbs.org/video/trumps-american-carnage-cgbssm/

Season 2021 Episode 3 | 54m 22s

From his first days as president to his last, how Trump stoked division, violence, and insurrection. FRONTLINE investigates Trump’s siege on his enemies, the media, and even the leaders of his own party, who for years ignored the warning signs of what was to come.

Aired: 01/26/21

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:51 am

" I suspect there is much more to learn about trump's involvement in the attack on the capital."
Indeed.

My sister recommended the same show. Maybe I'll settle in this afternoon and watch it, but it's so depressing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 pm

It is depressing.

They really need a many hours series to cover all he has done. Some things are not discussed, others are glossed over. Looking at the entirety of his tenure is devastating.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:23 pm

I think the full scope of the damage will never be fully known.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 am

Well, given what we know about the republican party, it was no surprise that not enough Senators were found to convict. That 7 republicans DID vote for impeachment was encouraging.

In a comment at the Daily Kos, I ran across a recent interview with Ted Olsen.

Renowned GOP Lawyer Ted Olson: “I Would Vote to Convict [Trump]” | Amanpour and Company

The second impeachment trial of former President Trump is causing some major soul-searching among traditional conservatives. Former solicitor general Ted Olson, a veteran Republican who worked in the Bush and Reagan administrations, was horrified by the Capitol riots on January 6. Olson tells Walter Isaacson why he believes senators who don't vote to impeach are complicit in Trump's wrongdoing.

Originally aired on February 12, 2021.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:48 am

I am adding this too. It is Senator Patty Murray (D-Washington State since 1993), who was inches away from the mob, recounting her experiences on January 6th.

It is chilling.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Both very interesting. The second interview was a gut punch.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1