And in Other Trump News & Weather...

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:59 am

Multiple European security officials told Insider that President Donald Trump appeared to have tacit support among US federal agencies responsible for securing the Capitol complex in Wednesday's coup attempt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/some-among-americas-mil ... ypbi?ocid=st

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:03 pm

What a mess! The last three days, both Jan and I have been swearing at our lovely idiotic, sick leader and some republicans who have continued to support Trump. I really wonder what will happen to the republican party in the next few days/weeks. Especially now that the house is going to introduce and vote on articles of impeachment which won't go to the Senate until after Biden is in office. I really don't want Trump to ever hold a position in our government again. He along those republicans that support his allegations (which are lies) that the election was rigged, should be sitting in jail.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:33 pm

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/9/2007552/-Trump-app ... -be-outraged
The Pentagon has released a heavily slanted timeline of events surrounding the Donald Trump-incited insurrection on Wednesday. Only they didn’t call it an insurrection. Or an assault. Or an attempted overthrow of the American government by white supremacist forces organized, inspired, and directed by Donald Trump. It’s not a coup. It’s not even a failed revolution.

The Pentagon is calling Wednesday’s events “First Amendment Protests.”
“First Amendment Protests” my eye.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 pm

At protests earlier this year they had officers from every rock they could turn in full riot gear standing on the steps of the memorial. I didn't see anything like that Weds when anybody with eyes could see that it was going to be violent.

I am also not sure if the officer that died is the same one that was on video being crushed by a door, but even if he isn't...Also one of the people who died was a woman who got trampled by the crowd.

The word twisting is astounding.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm

When they find out everything, heads will roll. Apparently "...the Republican Association of Attorneys General (RAGA)—the chief Republican law enforcement officers for their states—used its dark money group to help organize the mob. "

"The Rule of Law Defense Fund (RLDF), a "nonprofit" set up by the RAGA, appears in a list of groups "Participating in the March to Save America" along with Stop the Steal, Turning Point Action, Tea Party Patriots, and others." Donors to RAGA include:

"Koch Industries ($375k), Comcast Corporation ($200k), Walmart ($140k), Home Depot ($125k), Amazon ($100k), TikTok ($75k), 1-800 Contacts ($51k), Chevron ($50k), The National Rifle Association ($50k), Monsanto ($50k), Facebook ($50k), Fox Corporation ($50k), Uber ($50k), Coca Cola ($50k), Exxon ($50k), and Google ($25k)."

Dark money group behind Republican state attorneys general organized protest before the insurrection
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/8/2007306/-Dark-mone ... insurrection

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:48 am

It was arranged by Trump that there was no security at the Capital. Had this been a nuclear plant, those terrorists would have been shot when they breached the fenced perimeter. They never would have reached the building. And any officer who fails to take action is charged with a federal crime.

My husband was a nuke plant security officer and that’s the golden rule. So I’m thinking the Nuclear Regulatory Commission should take over White House security.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 am

The "barricades" were such weak things. The face security put up to confront these traitors and murderers looked more like keeping people in line at a museum.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:41 am

The officer being crushed is alive and well. Said he was proud to be doing what he was and could do it all day. It was horrible watching that crushing incident. The officer who died had been hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, went back to his "office" (can't think of the work) and collapsed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:51 am

I don't think the actual officers who defended the capital had any idea what they were going to be up against. I hear there was an expectation that trump would accompany them so the people in charge toned down the response.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:18 pm

It sounds to me like a real mixed bag in terms of how individual officers behaved in different locations. As we learn more, I hope we have information about what was going on there.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm

Yes. Those "selfie" pics with rioters were crazy.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:06 pm

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:18 pm

That was such a good speech.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:17 pm

This is very a moving speech. I always admired that he was responsible in politics and I think he is a very patriotic person who truly loves being an American.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am

More on how this was a setup. Pentagon officials replaced, rebuffing requests for national guard.

Trump's new officials at Pentagon blocked National Guard from 'interacting with' insurrectionists
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/8/2007116/-Pentagon- ... insurrection
Shortly after the election in November, Donald Trump began replacing officials at the Pentagon. Experienced leaders and those with at least some degree of competence, were dismissed as Trump packed the halls with sycophants who had demonstrated complete loyalty to Trump. And in particular, Trump made sure to get rid of those officials who had resisted efforts to use active military troops against Black Lives Matter protestors over the summer.

At the time, most people were concerned that Trump was preparing for some last-minute military strike overseas, or that he wanted to be ready to level bayonets at any additional BLM protests. But it’s now clear there was a plan. Wednesday’s assault on the Capitol was the plan. Because Trump’s new crew at the Pentagon blocked requests from D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser for the use of the National Guard to contain Trump’s “wild” protest. And they kept on blocking it even as senators and representatives were frantically phoning from inside the siege.

This was not a spontaneous event. It was, in every way, a coup plot. And the Pentagon was part of it.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

Did you see the reports that at least one congresswoman's panic buttons were removed from her offices?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm

No. I didn't know there were panic buttons.

It is distressing that there is some possibility some of these repub congresspeople aided and abetted the attack - giving tours the day before, providing maps. I hope all who were involved are severely punished.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 am

I worked at a paper mill with better security than this. No maps, no tours except family groups by permission only, surveillance cameras, and I had a panic button that was tested monthly along with the fire alarms and emergency lighting. What goes on at the Capital?

I think there’s plenty of room at Guantanamo to house these terrorists for a few years until their court dates come up.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Ha! As good a place as any!!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm

From WaPo:
"When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced this week that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

Now, health officials across the country who had anticipated their extremely limited vaccine supply as much as doubling beginning next week are confronting the reality that their allocations will remain largely flat, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding access for millions of elderly people and those with high-risk medical conditions. Health officials in some cities and states were informed in recent days about the reality of the situation, while others are still in the dark."

269 posts