Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:40 pm

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Ohhh, no.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Oh no!!!! I am leaving so much unsaid. I am crushed.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Devastating loss. Just devastating.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 pm

And already Mitch is saying he'll bring a nominee to a vote in the Senate, nevermind what he said when Scalia died and they refused to vote on Merrick Garland. But you knew that hypocrisy was going to happen.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Yes, trump said he'd nominate someone. moscow mitch plans to ram him/her through.

Today. On the day of her passing. As though they were eager to replace trash.

Not all republicans may be onboard.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2020

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:28 pm

I've been hoping that come a Dem-majority Senate, Kavanaugh could be impeached for lying his ass off.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Joy Reid said that McConnell was "buzzarding" Ginsburg's death by not waiting even an hour after the announcement to say that Trump's nominee would get a vote in the Senate. I love the term "buzzarding."

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am

Yes. So well put. It is what a repugnant person like him would do.

Murkowski months ago said she'd hold to waiting for the new administration, like they did with the Obama candidate. Romney might be on our side too. There may be blackmail pressure in the background to get some repubs in line. Vulnerable repubs in the senate up for election may have second thoughts.

This will be a fight. RBG was such a force to recon with. I miss her already.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:01 pm

I was expecting this, but still a huge loss. As for Kavanaugh there's this:

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:24 pm

2/3 of the Senate must impeach. That is a terribly high bar in this day of republican malfeasance. Not a one of them did the right thing with trump (except maybe Romney?), not a one will convict kavanaugh.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2020

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks for the Twitter links, Bookfan. That's been some of my (wishful) thinking. Lynx is right that we are not going to achieve 2/3 of an ethical Senate, even with the best predictions for Dem victories + a few Romney types.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm

I think it's a pipe dream that the Senate would reverse the SCOTUS appointments. No point in wasting energy on that.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Oh d*mn. Forgot about the 2/3's thing.

Some of these (verified) people on Twitter have kept me going. Some are Never Trump Republicans and I don't know what party some of the others are; I don't care. Right now we're on the same mission.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:48 am

Bookfan, that is a beautiful ad. It really choked me up this morning as I watched it. Thank you for posting it.

VOTE HIM OUT:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/ginsburg-mourn ... ves-n1240930

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:03 pm

I bet it's hard for him to be right there when people are chanting against him. He's not used to that. I really enjoyed it!

"On Friday, her casket will be moved to the U.S. Capitol, where she will be the first woman in American history to lie in state." !!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:04 pm

I very much hate that RGB's passing has been overshadowed by the shitshow at the WH this past week. Have been looking for a small portrait of her to go in my home "office" as a sort of tribute, but not really finding one that I like. Amazon.com has a couple of possibilities that I put in my cart:

Pick #1 (a little pricey)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HHTSDC6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AWFOGBKQ39G17&psc=1

Pick #2:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JKHLWGC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AM6E3R610QBR3&psc=1

Pick #3:
https://www.amazon.com/Ruth-Bader-Ginsburg-Poster-Canvas/dp/ ... 2422&sr=8-23

Any thoughts?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:06 pm

I like #2.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:42 pm

I lean towards that one, too.

I really like this design, but wanted something that doesn't require me to buy a separate frame (can only find this unframed):

25 posts