COVID-19

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:40 pm

Under anesthesia!

There is no bottom to the deliberate craziness.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:32 am

Total stupidity and politics running COVID testing. If this logic was applied to health care in general, we would never do any preventive care. Wait for chest pains, then get screened for heart disease. Wait for diabetic coma, then have a blood sugar test.

My friend who works in a hospital call center mentioned that fewer people are calling to schedule tests because the results are taking 10 days. At that point you know if you have it, and unless you're deathly ill you can't get any medical care anyway.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Some encouraging news reviewing mask wearing. With universal mask wearing, those people who contract the illness are more likely to be either asymptomatic or have a more mild case:

Masks Do More Than Protect Others During COVID-19: Reducing the Inoculum of SARS-CoV-2 to Protect the Wearer
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-020-06067-8

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:02 pm

Very interesting!!!

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 pm

That is a hoot! Herd mentality indeed!

I am adding a quote from your link:
Herd mentality is defined by Merriam-Webster as “the tendency of the people in a group to think and behave in ways that conform with others in the group rather than as individuals.”

Herd immunity is when enough people are immune to a virus that it’s no longer able to effectively spread. It can happen either from a vaccine or from so many people getting sick that the virus runs out of people to infect.

Last month, The Washington Post estimated that a herd immunity strategy without a vaccine would lead to nearly 3 million deaths in the United States.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Herd mentality really does describe his base.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:28 pm

The washington post doesn't like me (I do not have a subscription).

Hoping it does not become more deadly or harder to develop a vaccine for.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:44 pm

It works for me, and I don't have a subscription. But I now recall that the Post can be quirky. I will see if I can find a similar story elsewhere.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 pm

You generally get a number of free articles per month, I think.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Couple of other sources to try:
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/09/23/massive-genetic- ... d-us-spread/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/09/23/coronavirus ... 3f01df64365c

I am a little stunned. Our governor announced today that he's lifting restrictions on businesses and crowd size even further, starting on Saturday. It'll pretty much be 'business as usual' for everybody, as I think this is the final "re-open" phase for the state.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Locally, the University of Virginia is cracking down harder on students in several ways and will do so further if necessary.

I hate that your governor is not taking this seriously.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Our governor, who doesn't care if anyone wears masks, has just tested positive for the virus along with his wife.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Damned shame.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Isn't it though.

Still hoping trump gets it - primarily for information purposes so he has some idea of how bad it is.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Ditto on trump getting it. It would be interesting to see how he'd react. I can't help but wonder if Boris Johnson retiring at the end of the year has something to do with his bout with covid.

Just recently this gov. said "Send the kids back to school. They'll get sick & then they'll get better." As if that's all there is to it.

397 posts