The Shadow Rulers of the VA

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Wow. Just wow. Propublica reporter Isaac Arnsdorf unearths this:
https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-mosk ... rs-of-the-va

Found this out via DailyKos.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/8/1786726/-Trump-han ... it-in-secret
As it turns out, there are secret masters of the government, pulling the strings without the benefit of an election, nomination, or appointment. As a Propublica investigation has discovered, Donald Trump handed off control of the Department of Veterans Affairs to three members of his Mar-a-Lago golf resort. These three have been issuing orders to the people who are supposed to be running the department forming a “previously unknown triumvirate that hovered over public servants without any transparency, accountability or oversight.”

Known within the VA as “the Mar-a-Lago Crowd,” the three were Marvel Entertainment chair Ike Perlmutter, New York attorney Marc Sherman, and Bruce Moskowitz a “concierge” doctor who runs a service catering to the Palm Beach elite.

Erinspigs

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 am

My Mom is a naval academy graduate, combat medic, physician, and married to someone who has run the gamut of issues associated with being in the military and who would be a pretty stereotypical candidate for help from the VA. These things alone make her infinitely more qualified than all three of the guys combined who are now running the VA

When I asked her about this she replied, oh I'm not qualified for anything like that but I could name about 100 people more qualified than the present triumvirate.

I should probably qualify she wasn't actually in combat but would get there minutes afterwards by helicopter to try and provide that golden hour to the kids who lost limbs, were shot etc.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm

The most devastating thing for me is the “previously unknown triumvirate that hovered over public servants without any transparency, accountability or oversight.” That really blows me away. When you put someone at the head of an agency, they are the ones in charge. Not people we know nothing about and who have no business meddling in their affairs.

I have no doubt your mother would give better guidance and advice.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Ditto that.

Sickening. But not surprising.

GPIG

Post   » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Mrs gpig would be a good choice, I think she may actually be qualified, albeit on a smaller scale. She is however, that person who always rises to the occasion. pssst - She never got less than an a in high school. Gets mad when I tell people that, "that is private". But to the crux of this.......... F you shadow rulers. I would kick your ass if I ever met you, you're doing a horrible job. VAs still don't look much better than the one in the movie Born on the 4th of July where Ron Kovick breaks his leg. Not a big fan, but the movie was thought provoking. I think Oliver Stone's movies always have some very good spots. Sadly, they have some very bad spots also.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1