The Story of Two Little Wheekers

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Hope that Charity had a good birthday!

CleoCharity

Post   » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:28 pm

Now that I can't bring Charity in to get her nails trimmed (our shelter does them for free, and she had some issues with biting when I used to cut them myself), I've been doing it at home. I was expecting it to not go well, but she did great! I had Cleo out with her at first, to help her calm down, and then I put Cleo back and slowly cut her nails. She was too scared to eat the veggies I offered for her, but there was no biting or protesting, other than sometimes trying to pull her feet away.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2020

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:25 am

So glad things went well and she behaved like a champ! What to come and do mine now? Mine wiggle and scream like it is blue murder! And thumbs get bitten if near the mouth. Yet at the vet they're little lambs. Making me look the fool. So happy for you both!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:20 am

Mine has a wiggle fit as well but I can usually get it done without a bite. She waits until I pick her up and then bites my shirt, so all my around-the-house clothes look like they have moth holes.

I never thought about pet grooming but now I’m glad I clip the dog at home. He has thick fur that grows fast so he needs lots of trims.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2020

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:05 am

She waits until I pick her up and then bites my shirt, so all my around-the-house clothes look like they have moth holes.

Jan use to do that and I thought how cute! UNTIL I went to wash my clothes! All of them with tiny holes and green colouring. Now Jan has passed, I have kept 2 of the shirts and treasure them!

85 posts