Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

I am a Fairy follower and I love her threads. You and Fairy really inspired me with my little Faylee(RIP), she was blind and since I was a first time piggy owner I freaked out a little. But since Fairy was blind AND deaf and had all the odds stacked against her and fought through, I knew we'd be fine.
Reading about little Merry is so heartwarming! Fairy must have been watching over the little one and guiding her to you.
Best wishes to you and little Merry!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Haven't been on GL for a few days and it's wonderful news to check back in with. Big warm welcome to Merry. She's lovely and so glad she's getting the much needed and super excellent care of experienced piggy parents.

She sounds like she's doing tons better already. I can't wait to see more photos of her as her personality starts showing

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:42 am

Good lord--she makes your other pigs look huge!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:33 am

What did Bertie think? What do any of them think, come to that? Are you planning on putting her in with the general herd eventually? Snickers was so very good with our boys, but they pestered him for affection and information (since they weren't getting much from their mom). I don't know how he would have been with babies that were indifferent to him.

Speaking of Cici's boys: if I remember correctly, they were largish, but here's another data point.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 am

Ooooh, look at all that data! It's begging for a graph!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:03 am

A real cutie and so glad she has piggy Aunts and Uncles to care for her and caring human slaves to run after her every whim.

Porkypigs

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:29 am

I couldn't be anymore happier to hear this beautiful story. My heart goes out to both pigs, and good luck from Percy, Bruno, Merlin, Barney and Albert!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the details, AldenM1, it's really helpful to see how the weight gain happened. Merry has gone up to 179g today, 170g yesterday. She has eaten a lot today, all syringed except for her attempts at eating softened pellets. I'm worrying she won't ever eat for herself, but I know it's early days yet!

Another worry - mites! I thought she was scratching a bit yesterday and then today I realised she has some fur loss near her eyes, and then she scratched them as I watched. I've had to treat her with one small drop of Ivermectin. And naturally, everyone else will have to be treated.

Bertie seemed rather amused actually. Very gentle! I am hoping she can be with the herd, yes, but I'm not sure how she is going to cope with a large area yet. She seems to stay within one square foot in the sectioned off area, usually snuggled up to whoever is being 'nanny'!

Thanks for all your support. All your comments mean such a lot, they really do xxx

Have to go, my eyes are itchy with tiredness! Ian is on night-feeds tonight.

More Photos tomorrow!

Wheekers3

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:42 pm

What a good pig Papa! Keep on gaining little Merry.

She might get bogged down digestively. I am thinking her tum and lower g.i. trac are getting a workout they're not used to. Keep an eye on output as well.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 am

I hope you can catch up on sleep! And that the ivermectin does its job quickly. I imagine Merry's immune system isn't too strong, poor wee thing.

Okay, I've done my morning stalking. I'll check back later!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Lots of poops now, Wheekers3!

Here's her food input and weight chart!

And one of her night feeds!

Im full now, mum!