My Little Piggies

Magnolia

Post   » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Oh, I just love a little piggy! I have two, Magnolia and Marmalade. I currently have no pictures on my computer, so I'll describe them as best I can!

Magnolia
Approx. 4 months
Magnolia is a little shy thing. She loves to tuck herself into her little hidey house or the little tunnel and pretend she's invisible. She doesn't make much noise, unless you do something she doesn't like. The loudest I've ever heard her is when she whistled to Marmalade across the room! She ran away from me twice, both times under a chair that we had to tip up to get to her, and the second she bolted underneath the TV cabinet, and I managed to get her out with a carrot before she nibbled anything!
She has super soft, silky fur, and her face is half white and half caramel. Between here ears she has a little rosette, and behind that is all white, then a caramel strip, then a dark strip ticked with caramel. She has a flatish, shortish face and big, bright black eyes! She's the chub of the two.

Marmalade
Approx. 4 months.
Marmalade is my social, active piggy. If you hear noise, chances is, it's 'Lade. She also ran above the aforementioned chair, but only once. She likes to pull hay out of the hay manager and sit on it, so I've taken to just putting a clump in the cage. She's also a nibbler, and so when I hold her, I have a piece of something for her to gnaw on.
Her fur's a little rougher than Magnolias, and she's all chocolate with caramel ticks until you get to her rump, which is white. Her stomach is just caramel. A little above her eyes is an upside down heart, and another one is above that with the points touching. She also has big, bright black eyes. Her face is quite a bit longer than Magnolia's. She's a little skinny girl.

So that's my cavies! I'll post pictures when I get some!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:59 pm

They sound cute! Pictures are welcome!

Have you looked over www.guinealynx.info/.html ?

Magnolia

Post   » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:14 pm

I have, and that's been my main reference, but I still just have a lot of questions. I like to know as much as possible about something before I do/get/change something, so. Yeah.

Magnolia

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:11 am

Magnolia's the one closet to the camera, and Marmalade's the one staring at my leg, thinking "I wonder if this seam tastes good... *nibble nibble*"
I call them 'Nola and 'Ladie.

So, I took them out to our trampoline ad let them-attempt-to run around, and my brother ended up bouncing up and down just a little bit, and it looked like they were dancing! It was so cute and funny(probably not the best thing to do to them though, haha)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Don't put them on a trampoline, especially when someone is jumping on it. They could land on the pig and kill them, or the pig could get hurt if they land awkwardly, or fall off.

Magnolia

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I didn't let him jump(he's older than me, and somehow, stupider), and neither of them are hurt. Though, I definitely won't do it again. In hindsight, it was stupid.

Magnolia

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Ladie sat in my lap while I sewed today.
I have some pictures of Nola on my shoulder, but I don't want my face on the boards. Haha.

On the bad side, my brother threw-let me repeat that, THREW, Ladie in my lap just a moment ago. She seems to be okay. She's squeaking like she always does. I am SO mad at him right now. He's lots his guinea pig cuddle time rights. I hope his rats eat his face off when he tries to cuddle them.

And, when I had both Ladie and Nola in my lap, they started lunging at each other. Not a true fight. This happens a lot. The last two poops that Nola made(in my lap, mind you) were awfully small...
I'll keep an eye on her.

So that was my guinea pig day.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 pm

How old are you? How old is your brother?

You need to talk to your parents. Guinea pigs are fragile - he could have severely injured Ladie. They can not be handled harshly.

Magnolia

Post   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

14 and 16. He and I are fairly close, but he loves to annoy me-hence the blatent disregard for my pets' wellbeing.

Yeah. I know. I did, but they aren't really animal people. It's not that they didn't care, but it was a "She's not hurt, we just won't have that happen again." We have 2 frogs, 2 rats, and 2 cavies, but we've only ever had fish so. We're moving the cage soon, so they'll be less accesible and I'm hoping that'll help. (Gets cold where they are in the winter)

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:21 am

Guinea pigs really easily fracture toes or sprain their ankles because they're all belly with tiny legs that aren't good at anything but walking. Even small bumps on a trampoline can easily cause injury.

Hopefully your brother will annoy you w/o involving innocent creatures from now on ;)

Your pigs are cute though. I'd love to see more picture.

Magnolia

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:14 am

Hopefully *fingers crossed* Maybe I'll leave my phone in a convient place and let him blackmail me.. atleast my piggies will be safe, haha. :p

Okay, I'll try :) I actually have quite a few, but mostly of Magnolia because Marmalade refuses to sit still. (And Nola's chubby cheeks make it hard not to want to talk a millon bajillion pictures of her!!!!!!!)

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:40 am

We don't mind! I personally love any pig photos ;)