Chock and Spike

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:01 am

I am training my pigs to stand on their back feet to get veg. Its working really well. Chock has the hang of it but poor spike doesnt...he is trying though thats the main thing. Bless him. I loves my pigs. They mean so much to me. with out them i would be totally lost.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:11 am

Spike is a little cuddle bug who loves his head rubs... Chock likes head rubs to but he prefers his back being stroked.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Just a wee update to let you all know that the boys are doing well... They loves their lap time cuddles both of them do. Spike is still a bit of a fidget but we are working on extending his lap time by a cupple of mins a week and it seems to be working. Every pig is different after all so each pig will take a different amount of time to ajust

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:27 am

Had a tender moment with the pigs today. I was hand feeding them and they were letting me stroke them while they ate..-So beautiful :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:27 am

Had a tender moment with the pigs today. I was hand feeding them and they were letting me stroke them while they ate..-So beautiful :)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 am

That shows that they trust you. A really nice sign.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:48 am

Still hand feeding the boys as i think it makes the bond stronger with your pig. And its a handy thing in case they get ill. spike is going through another groath spurt. He is getting some size now. He will overtake my other pig soon in size there aint much in it bitween them now and spike isnt a year old yet.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Hand feeding definitely makes the bond stronger. Sounds like they're doing great!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:39 am

When i got Spike he was so small i could hold him in one hand. Not any more though. He is becoming a big pig. He will overtake Chock length wise soon and Chocks a big pig...

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 am

Think Spike is an abisynian because he has rosettes down his back. He also has a mo halk on the top of his head. he is try coloured. His head is white. He has one pink ear and one black one. A black patch over his left eye. His his body down to his rump is white and his rump is brown. Looks like someones taken some styling Gell and spiked all his hair up bless him. Chock on the other hand has a totally different coat type to spike. Chock has short length fur close to his body where Spike has mid length hair and a lot of it. chock is dark brown on his head and back but he has a ginger stomach. Cant believe chock will be two next feb, feels like i only got him yesterday. Spike will be a year n feb to so there will be a dubble pig birthday party :) am i mad for wanting to give my pigs a party on their birthday? Actually dont answer that one. :)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 am

We celebrate our pig's birthdays. Or if I don't know their birthday we celebrate their adoption day.

My current three piggies all have their special days in June.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 am

My two i got on the 28th of feb but a year apart though.