Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 7:37 am

Oh, boo! I am so very sorry! She sure was a pretty girl. :-(

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Misty is now back in a hospital cage after her op. The op itself went well but she has lost a fair amount of hair through stress. Much from her belly and a few chunks out of her flanks. The mammary tissue and lump have been sent for histology but her full body X-ray was clear with no obvious cause for concern.

Hopefully new boyfriend intro to GL will happen soon!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Glad Misty came through ok. She should get her hair back now that the hormones are taken care of.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Hoping for a good recovery!

clairey

Post   » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 am

I'm glad to hear Misty is home and doing well.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 am

Yay for Misty being home. Continued best wishes on her speedy recovery.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 am

OK, Misty is doing well in her recovery, although bored to tears in her cage and she still has bald patches. The new boyfriend visits frequently but probably doesn't help the situation as he wanders off when there's no sign of her coming out.

He now owns my flat. He is the first boar I've had and I suppose it's nice to have a man about the place, although I just would have preferred to have him a little more to my taste than Misty's though. ;o)

I guess we should have a little formal introduction to the new handsome man in our lives. It may be changed, but at the moment he is currently nicknamed Captain Chaos after the Cannonball Run character and bumbling superhero, both perfectly apt for the way he does zoomies about the place and causes utter chaos as he shoots past Misty's cage and she throws a hissy fit not being able to join in.

So, did anyone guess this superhero's identity?!

He has made the cupboard his own.

Discussions on a possible breakout.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am

Oh, man, he is cute!!

And the animated discussion at the fence, did they have a successful plan? (love those little sounds)

clairey

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:20 pm

It's him, it's him, it's him!

I secretly hoped it was. He's the fella that caught my eye. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Captain.

I hope Misty's recovery is speedy so she can come out and join him.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 am

He's adorable and they look excited to be see each other. Glad to read Misty is recovering well and can't wait for her to meet up with him and touch noses (or whatever they'll do when they meet).

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:18 pm

His name was Pierot?

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:31 am

That was one of the names he's had, yes. :o)

Misty gave me a scare (and herself) last night by getting stuck in the bars of her cage chewing to get out to her boyfriend.

She'd managed to hook her top teeth over a bar then shove her nose through the space above turning her head in the process and ended up wedged against an upright bar. All I heard was faint baby squeaks like a lost youngster and found her absolutely motionless with her nose wedged through the bars.

Luckily when Misty is panicked or scared she freezes. I checked where her teeth were, and managed to move her teeth and nose along a bit and turn them slightly to get her teeth unhooked and her nose pushed back and free her. Big sighs of relief all round!

It didn't stop her chewing the bars completely but she did it more on the plastic base instead. Thankfully she has a checkup at the vet tonight and may get the all clear to get more freedom.