Virginia-Urgent home needed for our AWESOME Hazel. Gray crested female.

Ldhbrad

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:38 pm

We have a healthy female gray crested, approximately 3 years old. She is the best! Silky, vocal and LOVES to snuggle. My 8 year old son holds her for hours while he plays legos, video games, etc, and she loves it. She would love to have a friend, our other guinea pig died in July, but we couldn’t get another because my allergy was getting worse. Which is why we have to find her a new home😩 I’ve tried everything not to- we all love her so much and she is spoiled rotten. But unfortunately, the allergy has gotten so bad that I had to have an ambulance ride to the hospital yesterday, so we no longer have a choice. She comes with a choice of 2 cages, we currently have her in a 24” x 48”. She has expensive guinea dad fleece bedding and pee pads. Which are awesome! Toys, bed, houses, treats, hay, food, floor fence. We really just need a home with someone that will love and spoil her as much as we do!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 pm

What part of Virginia are you in?

I hope you can find a good home for her!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Have you considered that the allergy may be to hay? Guinea pigs are pretty non-allergenic critters, but timothy hay is a BIG offender.

If you're interested, you can clean and wash everything in the cage, including pig, and try orchard grass, blue grass, or meadow grass. We've had plenty of people get to keep their guinea pigs after switching to another kind of hay.

Ldhbrad

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:46 am

We are in Ashland. About 20 minutes north of Richmond.

Ldhbrad

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 am

I am allergic to Timothy hay, so we switched her to orchard grass. The severe allergy is to the urine. We switched to the fleece bedding, which is better, but not enough, unfortunately.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

Glad you've checked out the hay. It's always worth mentioning, because so many people assume it's the pig without testing the hay first.

Ldhbrad

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 am

Yes. I figured the hay first, I’ve always had an issue with hay. I had a guinea pig years ago and was allergic to the bedding, so we also changed that and run 3 hepa purifiers. We actually got her from a family that needed her rehomed due to the mother’s allergy being so severe. Because I had a guinea pig as a teenager, I had no idea I would have developed such a severe allergy to them now.