3 Piggies in MA (1 Pair, 1 Single)

greysome

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a courtesy posting. I met a woman at a local pet store who is trying to rehome three female guinea pigs. Two are bonded, a black and white pair of girls named Betty and Veronica. Both are 4 years old. The third is a single girl named Daisy, approximately 3 years old and all black. All are short-haired. Daisy was a former classroom pet. All were seen by a vet about a month and a half ago (and got their sexes confirmed) and got a clean bill of health. I can attest that Daisy does well with being held as I held her for the 20 or so minutes I talked with the woman with no problem.

I believe she will be sending me pictures later so I will post them once I receive them. If you can take any in but have issues with travel, I am more than happy to help out with transporting the piggies within about 3 hours drive or so. They really are very adorable. They are on Sweet Meadow Guinea feed, have Timothy Hay, and all do well on their veggies. Daisy formerly did not get any hay or veggies as a classroom pet but has adjusted very well since entering the woman's home (and sunlight! Apparently, she spent her weekend in a dark windowless storage room at the school)

If you can take in one, the bonded pair, or all three, please contact Rachel at Rdayanim@gmail.com

Lynx or mods: Hopefully I'm okay with posting this. If not, let me know and I'll take this down.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 pm

If you have permission to post a notice, that's fine.

Pictures are always welcome.

Matty86

Post   » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Agh, if I had a bigger cage I'd think of taking the single to live with my two girls, but we don't have room for another cage or to expand the one we have. :(

Pictures anyways though please! I hope you find homes for them. Where abouts in MA are they located?

greysome

Post   » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Lynx: Oh good, she did give permission to post about her girls =)

Matty86: Lol, I actually took a weekend to consider whether or not it would be fair for my girls to take in her single, Daisy. In the end, the trio is still too new for me to want to rock the boat and I'm more comfortable with 3 than 4, number-wise. 4 would stretch my funds thinner than I'd like. Glad to hear your hay allergies and gf's piggy allergies seem to be doing better!

Anyway, I did get sent two pictures of the girls today and says she's going to try to get better pictures later. I'm going to wait a bit to post, partly because I would like to post all pics at once if possible and partly because photobucket is always very very slow with me and I'm always nervous the site is just going to be in an endless buffering mode. If she doesn't send me pics by tomorrow evening, then I'll post the two I have now.

greysome

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:13 am

Okay, sorry for the delay in pictures. No new pics were sent so these are the only two I have.

Matty86: Sorry, I just realized I forgot to answer your question. The cavies are located in Newton.

Now, without ado, Betty and Veronica:

and of course, Daisy:

Sarita33

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 am

I am at my max of 3 pigs but oh my are they cute!