Found 2 GP's in a park in Walnut Creek CA, help!

cady1945gmail

Post   » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Hello,

A friend of mine found two baby guinea pigs in a bush in Civic Park in Walnut Creek, CA. We've gone out the last few nights with hay and strawberries, trying to catch them in a box, with no luck so far. They're in a large low bunch of rose brambles near the creek. Neither of us have guinea pigs, or experience with them. If anyone is in the area, or knows of anyone who can help get them safe, that would be great. Animal control already said they wouldn't come out, and ARF hasn't responded. :(

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:42 am

I sent your information to a couple people in your area who might be able to help. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 am

Found someone to help you. They'll be contacting you. If they can catch the piggies, then I'll be taking them in.

cady1945gmail

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:14 am

Great, thank you!!

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:28 pm

The two piggies have been rounded up by the wonderful volunteers from the Contra Costa Rabbit Rescue. The piggies will be coming to my rescue late next week. The piggies were hiding out under some rose bushes so the the volunteers had some challenges reaching them.

It appears that the piggies are males around 6 months of age and are quite skittish. They're lucky to be alive.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Super! A great end to escaped guinea pigs!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Awesome news!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks so much to cady1945, CavyHouse, and everyone involved in their rescue!