2 TENNESSEE GUINEAS FOR ADOPTION....PLEASE READ

piggielover

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:59 am

That is GREAT news tiggerlilly!
I hope those piggies go to a good home, they deserve it.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:29 pm

This really pisses me off. Don't these people know that when they get a 'pet' it is FOREVER??? Not just get rid of it when they become inconvenient? What kind of responsibility does that teach?

Oh they are cute when they are babies, but now they are just too much trouble, too expensive, take up too much room.
That is bullshit. Shame on you.

Teresa

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:03 pm

People:

It's a fact. This happens damn everyday. I send people to the forums (this one and others) to give them access to people who are interested in guinea pigs who MIGHT want to adopt their guinea pig/s so that they don't have to end up at a shelter or a rescue or worse.

It is rare that you are going to change the mind of someone who wants to dump/get rid of/rehome their animals. At least here, there is a darn good chance that IF someone from here adopts, they will in fact go to a good home.

You're only really hurting me and other rescues (directly and/or indirectly) by getting all over someone's case. If someone posts about this on cavy chat or general chat, then I'd say fair game. But, here I really wish we would leave it at rehoming efforts.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:14 pm

Sorry, but it still makes me soooooooo mad. I know these people will probably never change, but maybe just once they will reconsider dumping their pet.

Hopefully these unwanted pets will get into a home that truly do care about the welfare of their new pet, and will love it forever. These living creatures-all, not just guinea pigs- are not disposable, hopefully people will start to believe that.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:34 pm

Okay. Here is the deal. I didn't know people were going to jump all over my butt for trying to be decent to these pigs. I dont have the problem, you obviously do. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to rehome the guinea pigs and it is NONE of your business what I am doing. I am just trying to find a home not get a therapy session from YOU... You are NOT helping me by giving me your mouth. You can help me by keeping it shut or help me out on finding them a GOOD home. I am leaving this site, you can e-mail ABOUT THE PIGS if you'd like. Blondy17@Bellsouth.net. Good Bye!!!
P.s. WHERE IS ALL THE LANGUAGE COMING FROM-DIDN'T YOUR MAMA TEACH YOU ANY BETTER. YOU should be ashamed NOT me!!!!!

Caroline

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:50 pm

Marianne,

I do hope you find a good home for your guinea pigs.

For your parents I can only say this: They should be ashamed of themselves for not teaching you the responsibility of taking care of animals. They are not something that you get rid of or replace when you tire of it.

I have three children and if I allow them to have a pet, it is for that animals life span, not on a whim.

They should have either never let you bring these guinea pigs home or should allow you to keep them and make sure you take good care of them. Anything else is despicable.

Teresa

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:00 pm

I know these people will probably never change, but maybe just once they will reconsider dumping their pet.

No, they are not going to reconsider based on these comments.

You can judge for yourself the kind of person Anna Beth by her last post.

It's pretty much a given that when someone (usually a kid or pets that were bought for the kids) needs to 'get rid of' their pet/s (for whatever lame excuse--and they are about 85% excuses), the animals are at best being ignored. It's usually worse than that. Improper, inconsistent, infrequent food. Little to no hay. Dirty water. Small, dirty cages. etc. Many have mites or health problems.

Of course, the parents aren't doing a responsible job with the kid. The parents don't get it. Look to your neighbors (and family and friends) if you want to have an influence and change things. It's likely that 50% or more of your neighbors have the same attitudes. Work on them--directly. Be a role model. Help educate. Those are things that we can actually do to help prevent situations such as this. I hope everyone does this to a certain degree. The more we do it, the better.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:37 pm

NOW HEAR THIS: THIS IS ANNABETH'S MOTHER, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS. I DO NOT APPRECIATE THESE UNWARRANTED COMMENTS FROM STRANGERS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT OUR AGREEMENT WITH HER. SHE SEEMS TO HAVE WORDED HER AD POORLY. AFTER EXPERIENCING THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS MESSAGE FORUM, WE WILL DEFINITELY BE WITHDRAWING OUR ADVERTISMENT, AS MOST OF THE COMMENTS LEFT PROVE TO ME THAT WE WOULD MOST ASSUREDLY NOT FIND A SUITABLE HOME HERE FOR OUR GUINEA PIGS!!!!!
MRS. HARPER

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:41 pm

That's funny, I think anyone on this forum would treat any guinea pig like gold.

It's a shame that you cannot understand what everyone is saying.

Tammy

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:50 pm

spoiled child.

tiggerlily

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:07 pm

I contacted Marianne about the pigs and we have exchanged e-mails and a phone call. The pictures of her babies are precious! I will be meeting Marianne and her pigs tomorrow morning and hopefully bringing them home with me.

I do have a question. I know I need to quarantine them from Penelope for awhile. Can they be in the same room, though? Or is a completely separate room necessary?

Also, how do I go about introducing two bonded pigs to my one pig without Penelope being picked on as the odd pig out? Thanks for any advice.

Teresa

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:11 pm

Separate room.

There is info on introductions here: www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm