Tacoma, Washington pigs for adoption!

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:51 pm

Sorry - I typed up something, then realized I had posted it earlier (yes, I´m completely brain-dead right now).

agatha

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:56 pm

I tried to roll that stuff up today as an experiment... no way in Hell! I´m totally baffled as to how you rolled it small enough to fit in your car. The place that ordered it for me is a place I used to work, they loaded the stuff in the delivery van and we all held it up with our heads on the way home. I´m sure we looked hilarious. Then the guys came in and held our boys for awhile, and I showed them how I made the coroplast cages. They thought that was pretty cool. The delivery driver was making googly noises at All-Ball. I don´t think I ever knew what a softie the guy was...

Where was I going with all of this?

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:03 pm

Agatha-
Great visual!

Teresa-
Is that before or after exchange rate?

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:26 pm

I loaded up Corplast in the minivan—barely.

This was before hearing about the rolling. 4x8 sheet, the van is barely wide enough. It went up and over both back seats, forming an upside-down U. It hit the floor on both ends, and touched the roof in the middle, and the back of the van just closed.

Katie´s comment? "Cool, a tent!"

pigpal

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:19 pm

My very first piece of Coroplast fit in the car bent in the other direction, low along each side and hitting the roof along the center of the car - the full length. Talk about tunnel vision. It sort of reminded me of a poke bonnet in a period play.

agatha

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:32 pm

now THAT´S a great visual!

Becky

Post   » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:34 pm

Leebee helped me roll and manned the tape. It did take two people, but it worked really well.

Agatha, sorry you had so many problems, but I agree. GREAT visual!

PP, also funny!

We need Jim to do a tutorial. He´s the one who discovered it would roll.

agatha

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:34 pm

This has no relation to anything except guinea pigs in Washington state, but look at this awesome guy...
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... ew=1&row=0

I wouldn´t even hazard a guess as to this fella´s breed. He´s awfully cute, though.

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:51 pm

Self Red Texel? The picture is weird on my PC, so it´s hard to tell.

agatha

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:04 pm

I don´t know, but he´s cute. I thought he might be a texel too, but I have seen them usually with hair more curly than this guy´s. He´s got such a solemn expression on his face.

Lisam? Don´t you need another pig?

pigpal

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:07 pm

The link wouldn´t work for me. Where in Washington state is this guy?

agatha

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:47 pm

Everett. His name is Petey, heh!