pair of pigs wanted in NYC

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:57 pm

LER

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:00 pm

. . . not interested in trying to rehabilitate maladjusted, dysfunctional pets.
? huh ?

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:54 pm

Well personally I once adopted a cat who would not go to the bathroom in the litter box. Maybe that also happened to this person. It's pretty bad when the smell starts to build up in the summertime when you have no a/c.

cherrywoodgirl
Cavy Supporter

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:54 pm

strange request.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:55 pm

PS I gave the cat to my mom. hehehe. She still has her. My mom solved the problem by feeding her everything in sight so she stopped peeing everyplace but now weights about 1000 pounds. She is 14 years old.

LER

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:55 pm

Sounds to me like they think pigs in rescue are messed up or something.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:58 pm

I don't really see how that is possible? Possible for them to be messed up I mean. They might be shy at first or something but what could they possibly do? Engineer a coup? "OK guys when the big freaky pig goes to sleep we are making a break for it."

LER

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:03 pm

Right, that's what I mean. How is the pig maladjusted and dysfunctional? Because it doesn't come running and jump into your lap the first time you meet it or something? Whatever, I'm just in a weird mood lately, and that set me off.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:10 pm

I guess my question would be, has he had cavys before, cause he may not understand them. They are not like any pet I have ever had.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:18 pm

My first pig used to be a biter; maybe he means stuff like that.

Dixie still nips, but he just needed some time and love.

phlumpetta

Post   » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:32 am

Sounds to me like they think pigs in rescue are messed up or something.
I think that's a common misconception people have of adult animals at shelters/rescues. People don't want to "clean up other peoples' messes." I hate people.

phlumpetta

Post   » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:34 am

.. not interested in trying to rehabilitate maladjusted, dysfunctional pets. Only want to give a terrific home to a pair of cheerful piggies that have NOT been abused or neglected. Please respond if you have piggies that you love but cannot keep ... your piggies will be lavished with affection in my home!
I'm sorry but this person's attitude makes me sick. I'm so judgmental maybe I just need to go to bed.

"only want to give a terrific home to a pair of cheerful piggies that have NOT been abused or neglected."

OH HOW F-ING GENEROUS OF YOU. AAARGHHHH.