Any rescues in or around Jacksonville, FL?

newwave_polly

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:19 pm

Someone on CM is looking for a rescue near her in Jacksonville, FL. Not sure if she's wanting one pig or two. We've all been pulling for two, of course, but she's having a hard time finding a rescue pig there. Anyone in her area with some info?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:30 pm

I did a quick petfinder search and found several pigs in Florida, but I am not familiar with where the cities are. I responded to her over on CM - I hope she can wait for a good rescue piggie! Chad, where are you? We need you!

newwave_polly

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:33 pm

Thanks SF, I noticed your reply. I'm in Canada, westcoast even, so I don't know much about the geography of Florida either.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:22 pm

Snowflakey, where are the cities you found?

Chordita's not too far. Chad, please help us out here when you get done getting the bunny ears off.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:31 pm

I found: Gainesville (of course - lots), and the other reasonably close place was Palm Coast, I think.... north of Daytona Beach. Nothing really close to Jacksonville, but not across the state, either. I did a petfinder for Georgia, but didn't find anything other than Altlanta or Athens; I hoped that there might be something in southeast Georgia. Nada.

We need SE Georgians and NE Floridians to get together on this!

<edit to add that the other cities were: La Belle, Palm Bay, Winter Springs>

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:56 pm

Thanks, Snowflakey. I'm hoping she'll be willing to go as far as Chordita or north of Daytona. Neither of those are very far.

VickiW

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:41 pm

Isn't there a Gainsville Guinea Pig rescue? I am going to find the link.

VickiW

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:42 pm

ChadWPB

Post   » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:53 am

Arrgh. I picked a fine day to have a life. I adopted two fine pigs from Gainesville GP Rescue. I see the link's already been posted, so I need not repeat it here.

I live in South Florida. For what it's worth, I drive 625 miles round trip and pay $28 in tolls to adopt, but it's worth it. Not only did we adopt the piggies, but also get to visit and spend some time chatting with Susan (who runs the rescue) and Gayle (helps out, posts here as chordita).

I just posted a new thread about our Gainesville piggies.