Anybody on? I am feeling bad

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:38 am

Sorry Lynx I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was posting.

I had a family agree to take them today and then they showed up. I brought the guy downstairs to assist and as soon as he saw the cage(4'x6') and how big the piggies really are he said he couldn't take them. I said well as long as they are played with etc. you could cut the cage in half very easily and he says well no I thought these would be the size of hamsters and the cage would be small and I could sit it on a table. I said well thanks for coming by and that's no problem. sigh...

Talishan I could contact this Suzie to see if she knows of anyone but fostering them just while I am away wouldn't be good enough. I will just have to beg and carry on about how easy it is to feed and water them to my dad. I have decided to postpone leaving until at least Monday or Tuesday. Rose and Diana are chocked full of piggies so neither of them can help and basically said there is nothing else in Illinois.

I have submitted a post to petfinder.com and have to wait for their approval and I am going to try and find some more places to post. Since I couldn't get ahold of the vet Friday I will make that call on Monday as well.

This is SO not my problem and yet it totally is, I am stuck with it all and I feel so bad about all this...

I'll keep checking this board just in the slim case someone reads it and is interested in these little girls or happens to know of somebody I haven't found that can help.

Thanks everyone

lisam

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:11 am

Are you putting the ad in the Petfinder Classifieds?

grayrose

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:21 am

Also try cavymadness.com and caviesgalore.com/. They also have placement sections.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:36 am

Cavyrescue.com has Classifieds too.

phlumpetta

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:54 pm

you could also post on the GPDD, www.gpdd.org

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:02 am

Do you still have the pigs ?

If so did I read correctly there is a male? 3 female then?

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:54 am

No there are no males they are all 4 females. No one responded until after I went out of town and I had to get them placed somewhere before I left so I was forced to take them to PAWS in Peoria and it just tears me up. This is going to haunt me for a long time.

Bye all.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:01 am

Sorry you were left with these pigs by an irresponsible owner. I hope some good adopters are able to give them a good home in the future.